Deadbolt entry knob?

Old 03-09-10, 01:31 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Deadbolt entry knob?

Are there any entry knobs sold with a deadbolt built in, and not the angled latch that usually is installed? If not, is it possible to take the innards of a deadbolt and put them into a entry knob of the same manufacturer? My daughter already has deadbolts on her doors, but I'd feel better with just a little more insurance.

Old 03-09-10, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
If there wasn't a bevel on the latch..then you would have to hold the handle to close the door. Kind of a pain if you had packages or something.

Also..the mortise in the frame for the handle might not work with any sort of deadbolt due to the depth..even if it could be fitted.

I wouldn't worry, I always thought of the main latch as more of a privacy thing...
You could always install an aux deadbolt...but...again is it that bad an area?

A security strike plate properly installed might be a better solution.

Old 03-09-10, 01:50 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lori Deadbolt Removale, please help

I have an older deadbolt that I cannot get off. It says it is a Lori on the outside. The inside has a lever. I have removed the inside plate, it had 2 screws, but I cannot reome the out side flange. It seems to have a spring holding it onto the lock. It turns freely and looks like it should screw off but it doesn't. I have also removed the metal strikeplates which the bolt actually slides through but I still cannot get it off. Please help.

Timski

Old 03-10-10, 05:37 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Don't know this lock, but from what I have read there may be a couple of set screws hiding which require a long 3/32" allen wrench.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: