Sliding Glass Door Track Repair

Old 06-08-10, 08:28 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sliding Glass Door Track Repair

The rail on my sliding glass door has become warped, causing it to bump up and down when opened. Over time, it continues to get worse as the lows in the warped track get deeper.

I see Prime Line sells a track cover, but most places I have found online require a bulk (10 or more) purchase.

I have found this one, but am unsure.

Prime Line Slide Co PL 15576 Stainless Steel Sliding Patio Door Repair Track 8 Foot #u877670 at HardwareAndTools.com

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Old 06-09-10, 04:19 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
These usually work as long as the existing track is not depending worn. Try a local glass shop for the track cover.

Old 06-09-10, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
If you can't find it locally at a glass shop, screen repair place or independent hardware store...or they can't order it for you...try these guys...AAA Screen.com.
They have been very helpful to me in the past.

The catalog may say minimum orders..but they just copy that from the PrimeLine catalog.

I also recommend you replace the rollers while you are at it..they probably are pretty beat up as well.

Old 06-09-10, 08:49 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'll check with the glass shops - I just assumed that they would insist on doing the repair themselves. thanks for the tip. I'll check there, then at the online stores to see if the bulk min. order is for real.

I typically check and/or replace the rollers every 6-12 months, so they're doing pretty good. Part of the problem is the door rolls so easily that opening the door with even modest force causes the door to bounce over the ridges. It's on the second floor, so it's pretty loud downstairs. Worse yet, its nearly directly over my recliner!)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: