awning window

Old 07-14-10, 05:19 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
awning window

How do you remove a awning window,from a house. If you know where I can get Images to do this I would greatly appreciate this.

Old 07-15-10, 03:23 PM
J
Need more info, but basically it makes no difference what is the type of window. Remove interior trim, easy part. The exterior part is the hard part, since it depends on what it is.

Old 05-23-11, 06:41 AM
M
Window awnings are similar to canopies and are installed directly over a window on the exterior of a home or building. If you have decided to remove a window awning, you must remove not only the actual covering but also the framework. Removing awnings is fairly straightforward but can be cumbersome if the window is high. You remove the screws or lag bolt attaching it to the structure. If the awning is made of metal, it may be attached with two side mounting brackets instead of a top mounting bar. If this is the case, remove these brackets by removing the screws that attach them to the wall.

Old 05-24-11, 08:45 PM
M
In removing an awning window from a house. Most jobs are easy when you have the correct equipment and tools. Trying to take it down neatly without damage to the building will require time and effort and the right tools.

Old 05-25-11, 03:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Marice, welcome to the forums. The OP has an awning "window", not a metal awning, the way I read it. They resemble the old transom windows in older houses. The hinges are on top and they lift out to ventilate. But, we need to know more about the window, siding, etc. before we can help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: