Door Hardware Recommendation Needed

Old 07-25-10, 09:15 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Door Hardware Recommendation Needed

OK, I am tired of looking at an installed HD pre-hung closet door with no door hardware. It's been years and I haven't found any hardware that seems appropriate. Perhaps someone can help point me in the right direction.

I'm talking about the door knob area hardware. Basically, what I need is basic closet door functionality. The catch is that because another door swings up against the closet door, the room facing side can't have a door knob, it needs to be something flush mount, yet still with the ability to open the door either via pulling with light pressure or turning to retract the latch. Whatever acts as the "door knob" can't protrude more than about an inch from the door, or else it breaks the glass on the other door. I hope this makes sense. If anyone can help recommend a solution, I'd appreciate it. TIA.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-10, 10:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Years, huh? Have you tried commercial closet knob set? The inside knob is only a knurled knob that protrudes about an inch out and is only about the size of a silver dollar.
I'm still having a problem picturing what you are talking about. Two doors that close against each other?? Maybe you could post a couple of pictures so we can see what you see. http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html

Old 07-25-10, 05:17 PM
W
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Hi, You don't need a latch for a door like that. Think of your cabinet doors in the kitchen no latches just different types of catches. They make a catch like a spring loaded ballbearing that mounts in the door and catches in the door jamb. As for the knob I had some doors that were for furnaces that opened into the hallway, what a pain you could run into the knob, that hurt or it would tear your shirt so I removed them. Back to kichen cabinets or furniture I installed pulls that hung down like a ring . They looked good were almost flush with the door and worked great.
Good Luck Woodbutcher