Anderson patio door glass

Old 08-08-10, 12:11 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Anderson patio door glass

Has anyone ever had glass replaced in an Anderson Frenchwood patio door? Someone tried to break into my house Friday and smashed the outer pane of glass. This door has inner and outer panes of glass. It looks like the glass is one assembly. A new door cost 940.00.

Old 08-08-10, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
The Frenchwood and Narrowline models are slightly easier than the Permashield series, I believe.

Any glass shop could probably do it, but I would recommend that you have an Andersen certified repair company do it if you plan on paying. I'd also recommend that you get the glass from Andersen, this will keep your warranty intact and should be an exact match tint and efficiency wise.

If you plan on doing it yourself, Andersen should have re-glazing instructions on their site..I'll take a look.

Old 08-08-10, 12:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
And, as an understatement, let your insurance company know.

Old 08-14-10, 06:36 PM
B
Just an update on this situation. After several conversations with Andersen Customer service, they have characterized the shattered glass as "spontaneous glass breakage". I asked several questions about the nature of the glass and how it is completely shattered, with no apparent impact point. They asked for pictures, which I promptly emailed. This is a warranty claim

I have to say, they did treat me right and the new door is on order.. should have it in 2 weeks.

Old 08-15-10, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Ahhhh...you didn't say there was no visible impact....you said someone had tried to break in so I assumed you had other evidence of that. Calling Andersen would have been my first advice.....they are very good with service of this type.

Last edited by Gunguy45; 08-15-10 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-15-10, 10:15 AM
O
You wrote my thoughts gunguy.
"Completely shattered" (glass is on the ground) and "no visible impact" (Glass still in place) are statements that dont belong together regarding tempered glass.

Glad to hear it worked out Blake. This shows again, the importance of sticking with reputable millwork companies.
This issue, because of its rarity, would have been a long battle with many other manufacturers

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: