Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Broken door knob..now cant get into house!!help!!

Old 08-30-10, 07:13 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

http://www.myknobs.com/fuspaeb1lhbrn.html

looks similar to this

hey guys I put a used door knob on the front door and shut it. when I turned the knob(not circle knob, but more like a lever handle knob) it wont turn enough to open the door. I got frusterated at it and turned it really hard and now the lever seems to be broke also. I just want the stupid thing off so how can i do that. The screws are on the inside and not acessable. theres no pin hole or lock. The only lock is the deadbolt so i think the handle is from a bedroom or closet. should i guess and drill where i think the screws are and drill them out? please help

Last edited by tucsonbulder10; 08-30-10 at 07:19 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 08-30-10, 07:28 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
anybody?? please trying to have it figured out so we can get insidethe house by morning

Old 08-31-10, 03:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Try the back door. You can't tell me you have been sitting all night trying to get in your house, please! With your computer powered up. Talking to us, rather than to a locksmith. C'mon. Yes, it looks as if the handle is from a closet, but no matter, it should work if you put it in correctly. If the handle is off, stick a screw driver in the handle hole and try to engage the lock mechanism.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: