Plastic thing on louvered doors


Old 03-31-11, 10:28 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 135
Plastic thing on louvered doors

Hi Larry.....since you are an expert on home improvements.....I have louvered doors in my hallway. On the top of the louvered door is a plastic white "thing" that goes into the door and into the track so it can open a close easily. What are these things called and how do you remove one and replace it? I'm trying to do as much home improvements myself so I can save some money.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-11, 02:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,737
Upvotes Received: 73
That plastic pin on the top of the bifold door can be pried out. I'm not sure where you'd buy one at, I've never looked I did use a short piece of dowel rod that I had to fix my son's bifold.
Old 03-31-11, 02:17 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,418
Upvotes Received: 24
There sold in the hardware area where near where the storm door hardware is sold in Lowes. A claw hammer should pull them out but most of the time they break when you do.
Old 03-31-11, 02:51 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,533
Upvotes Received: 3
Door Hardware

Is this the kind you have?

Shop Prime-Line 3/8"Dia. Bi-Fold Door Pivot and Guide at

Once you remove the old one, drive the new one in with a hammer.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes