Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Help! Need AC unit for 43" tall casement window.

Help! Need AC unit for 43" tall casement window.

Old 06-02-11, 11:00 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Help! Need AC unit for 43" tall casement window.

Hi,

I am looking to get an AC unit that will fit my 43" tall casement window. I have only found AC units that will fit windows up to 40" tall. I am not very handy. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Old 06-02-11, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 45 Posts
If the correct unit is not available why can't you find a handy man to help you.
There is nothing wrong with not being "handy", you just need to make allowances for this by having someone you can rely on in these cases.

The fix would likely be quite simple as in maybe only needing a strip of wood to close the gap.

Old 06-02-11, 05:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Chris, the only thing I would object to is the casement window itself. If it remains open, it will be ruined by the weather. Nothing will fit in the opening unless the window is removed. Do you have plans on removing the window pane itself?
If you remove the window pane unit, any air conditioning unit that will fit the width will work. You would have to get someone to build an insulated panel and fix it above the air conditioner to help hold the A/C in and to keep hot air out. Height isn't a problem with air conditioners, width is.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: