Sliding glass door

Old 01-06-01, 04:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I want to clean or replace the rollers on my patio door. I cannot get the door off the track. I lift the door up but cannot angle it to get it over the inside part of the track.
I cannot find any adjuster to raise or lower the door to get it out. Help! When I get it out, how do if I know if I should replace the rollers? What are they called and where would I find them in the store?

Thanks, Kathy
Old 01-06-01, 06:03 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 9,238
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If you can't tilt the sliding pane into the room, it could be that you will need to remove the stationary pane and tilt the right roller assy for the replacement. There are several hundred types and styles.
Old 01-06-01, 07:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Coincidence indeed. I spent 30 minutes last night preparing an E-mail for someone with the procedure on how to proceed with what you are trying to do. I will be happy to forward it to you if you send your E-mail address to It addresses every issue you have asked and I would suggest reading through completely and then deciding if it is a project you feel you can handle or one better left to a proffesional.
Old 01-08-01, 06:54 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
First Look on the end of the door at the bottom front and rear should be a small 1/4" hole you can get a phillips
screw driver in turn clock wise should go up conter clock wise should go down,,This is a good place to start, this may be all you need to do...If this help you can add a little oil to the rollers, and sand the track clean

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: