Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page > anyone have long term Reliabilt experience (lowes)?

anyone have long term Reliabilt experience (lowes)?

Old 09-19-11, 04:38 PM
anyone have long term Reliabilt experience (lowes)?

money is tighter than ever but i still have 3 old aluminum windows in a spare room..virtually unusable in winter..door must be closed.. etc. I do have a very expensive local window builder that did 3 very custom windows for me in my main areas and i'm happy, but he wants 550 for 40x52s for that room. Another local dealer wanted 900 for windows for a friends window and it was smaller than mine. so i tried lowes and i do know someone that had 2 of their windows put in and she's been happy for the few months they've been in

the lowes person didnt come to the house yet for an exact estimate but the guy in the store worked up a quick estimate of 260 plus install for the reliabilts and 366 plus for the pella.

so for 3 windows i'd be saving about 500 bucks over my local guy. I cant imagine how many years it would take for me to get a payback even if those windows were more efficient etc. As long as the windows stop the breeze (yes you can feel it with the aluminum) i'll be pretty happy. so i just was wondering anyones long term experiene with them or other advice

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-11, 06:47 AM
i'm still interested in the reliabilt experience since a friend has a few just put in, but i wont be getting them...they would be 466 each because of capping needs....my contractor from my old install waned 550 last year, probably up a bit this year, and i'd rather spend 600 with him vs 466 for lowes because i had his windows in 6 years with no issues...140 isnt too much more but if the savings was greater i may have considered the lowes

Old 09-28-11, 03:42 PM
Remodeling contractor with 26 yrs in business. I consider Reliabilt to be a builders grade door. The basic door that will pass building code, nothing more.

Old 10-05-11, 10:17 AM
wow i'm surprised...emailed my prior contractor to give me a price on the windows he installed before and they are 3 for 1200 or 1400 depending on options..cheaper than lowes! unsure how he got cheaper than before but i'll find out

okna 400s is what he said he would do

Search this Thread