name my door

I need to replace the glass in my entry door

it is a 9lite
32 x 80
steel
diamond pattern on the bottom of the door
at least 10 yrs old

can't afford to buy new slab or w/ frame

Home Depot said I would need to know manufac 1st before getting glass and he said it didn't sound like ones they rep

Homer mentioned that there should be a sticker on the edge of the slab - but it was painted over

I would post a jpg but I don't know how to upload it from my computer

any ideas?

Old 10-28-11, 02:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Old 10-28-11, 04:50 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
A local glass shop should be able to replace the glass. Most glass used in these doors are standard sizes and you should be able to find it at a window and door supplier not Home Depot.

Old 10-28-11, 05:25 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately it is not just the glass but the 9 lite frame that needs to be replaced (see attached photo)

and I'm looking for something a little fancier than plain glass to dress up the door

Old 10-28-11, 06:29 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Many of those are standard sizes. What I would do if I were you is take an overall measurement of the vinyl frame and then go to Menards or your big box store and then measure the frames on the doors they have on display. I bet you will find a match. Once you match the frame size it will be easy. Then they can order you any kind of glass they have in their catalog.

I've done this before at Menards using the glass and frames from the Mastercraft doors that they sell.

But Johnam is right, a glass company could probably do it all for you. But if you can find it I bet parts would be under $100.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: