Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Exterior Threshold Adjustment

CO

11-07-11, 01:59 PM   #1  
Exterior Threshold Adjustment

I installed a new back door the weather seal drags pretty hard on the threshold. I thought it would be 3 minutes to adjust the 4 screws, but they don't turn either direction easily. Am I missing something??

Sponsored Links

TN

11-07-11, 02:31 PM   #2  
Door

What brand of door??????????????

DE

11-07-11, 03:35 PM   #3  
Usually, clockwise runs the threshold down, anti-clockwise =up. Often it does not take a lot to make the correct adjustment. Cut some paper strips, one under each end of the door. Tighten/loosen until the strips can be removed with a slight drag.

CO

11-07-11, 04:39 PM   #4  
It is an Ore Pac door from HD. I understand the method of adjustment, but 3 of the 4 screws seem frozen. I am an old guy who has learned not to muscle things b4 exploring other options.

In this remodel I bought a Simpson front door thru a millwork shop. It cost about $600 and the Ore pac $270. I can't discern much quality difference between them, other than the Simpson fit perfectly and didn't require any adjustments. I guess I might see if the Simpson screws turn easily.

Search this Thread