Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need aluminum window replacement part

CAL

05-23-12, 11:57 AM   #1  
Need aluminum window replacement part

Need the forums help. I have a single hung aluminum window. The plastic piece that is on the right side of the window which holds the string and clip on the top end and that hooks onto the bottom window to keep it up when we want to open it is broke and I need to replace it. Can anyone help? I've attached a picture of it. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

05-24-12, 07:40 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! Any idea as to the manufacturer of the window? If there is a gold sticker on the window somewhere, give us the numbers off it. Sometimes we can tell the brand and series from that.

CAL

05-26-12, 07:34 PM   #3  
there's nothing that I can provide unfortunately. The sticker that was on there is faded to the point of being non-readable. Wish I could provide something for you.

Rick

Group Moderator

NE

05-29-12, 09:15 AM   #4  
Can't help much without a brand or model, but you might contact some retailers online (like the search results here) and maybe they can help. It's hard to tell from your small picture what exactly is broken. We'd probably need a better description to help us understand what you are seeing- pictures of the broken part... next to pictures of a similar part that is NOT broken. There is also usually a part that attaches to the sash which holds the balance assembly in place that can break, allowing the balance assembly to just slide on past the sash without lifting it.

CAL

05-30-12, 05:55 PM   #5  
Additional pictures

Here is another picture that might help out. The other one broke pretty much right in half.

Attached Images

CAL

05-30-12, 06:00 PM   #6  
One more picture

Hopefully with these last two pictures it might help out some

Attached Images

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

05-30-12, 06:04 PM   #7  
Trying to enlarge the original:

Attachment 826

What does this fun part do, exactly? Does it ride in a groove? Does it attach to springs? Does the window sash fit over it?

Group Moderator

NE

05-30-12, 06:29 PM   #8  
I think I found it.

The part is part #62W-500 and can be found on page 35 of this PDF.

It can also be found on page 47 of this PDF.

Search this Thread