Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need Replacement for Built-in Ball Catch

VA

07-08-12, 04:03 PM   #1  
Need Replacement for Built-in Ball Catch

Hi, a long time ago the ball in one of our doors' ball catch shot out and somehow, we never found it. I'm just getting around to replacing this now so I went to Home Depot but they only have ball catches for new installs. The door I need to fix has a built-in ball catch (see pic). Where can I find a replacement? I would need the spring, threaded insert and ball. I'd prefer not to have to route out the top of the door to fit the ball catches they carry at Home Depot.

Name:  IMG_1734.jpg
Views: 4492
Size:  17.4 KB

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

07-08-12, 06:40 PM   #2  
Most of the ball catches have the same OD thread size, and should fit in your keeper. Have you tried one, yet.

VA

07-08-12, 07:14 PM   #3  
Yes I bought one that comes with the entire top....metal part (?). The ball is not the same size and does not fit, and the "sheeth" that keeps the ball and spring is not threaded all the way so it can't fit either. Unless you're suggesting that I tear out the one that is in the door and shove the "sheeth" from the new set in there? Not sure if they are the same size - would have to check.

TX

07-15-13, 06:16 PM   #4  
I have the same issue...

...did you find a place to get a replacement.

Search this Thread