Replacement for unusual handleset


Old 08-16-12, 02:38 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Replacement for unusual handleset

The photo shows the existing entry-door handleset, which is 20+ years old. The doorknob, thumb lever (or whatever it's called), latch and lock are all at different heights -- there don't appear to be any straight-through holes.

Any suggestions on what I should replace this handleset with? Is it likely that existing holes will need to be filled and new holes drilled to accommodate the new handleset?


Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-12, 12:33 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,986
There are door knob lock sets with wrap around steel plates. It's more of an item for a commercial building but that's what you need.
Old 08-27-12, 11:39 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks much for the reply. I never would have thought of that on my own.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes