Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Help!! problem with reinstalling a window sash - (vinyl lincoln double-hung)

Old 04-06-13, 11:26 AM

Not familiar with correct terms here, but I'll do my best.

I removed a vinyl Lincoln brand double-hung window sash. Unfortunately, as I tried to reinstall it, I didn't do one side lower than the other and the right track pivot mechanism got locked in the bottom of the track and can't fit the pivot pin into the hole on the track. Not sure how to loosen it back up. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-13, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
Normally you just need to use an appropriate sized screwdriver or other tool, insert it in the pivot where the sash would go and turn it to the position it would be when the sash can be raised. That would probably be about 90 degrees from where it is now. Hold down on it or it can spring to the top of the track.

Old 04-06-13, 12:24 PM
thank you, unfortunately the piece I need to insert the pin into is down below the bottom of the track. I am attaching a photo, hopefully it works. This is my first time at this website.

Attached Images  
Old 04-06-13, 12:44 PM
Group Moderator
That white piece in front of it (in the bottom of the sill) will come out if you can hook something onto it (coat hanger?) and pull up. Then you will be able to do what Vic said. Insert the large flat screwdriver (and hang onto it, because it's going to want to spring up!), then turn 1/4-1/2 turn clockwise, raise it up slowly, then when you get it where you want it, turn it back 1/4-1/2 turn so that it locks in position. If there is any doubt, look at the one on the left and orient it the same way.