Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help!! problem with reinstalling a window sash - (vinyl lincoln double-hung)

WI

04-06-13, 11:26 AM   #1  
Help!! problem with reinstalling a window sash - (vinyl lincoln double-hung)

Not familiar with correct terms here, but I'll do my best.

I removed a vinyl Lincoln brand double-hung window sash. Unfortunately, as I tried to reinstall it, I didn't do one side lower than the other and the right track pivot mechanism got locked in the bottom of the track and can't fit the pivot pin into the hole on the track. Not sure how to loosen it back up. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Super Moderator

AZ

04-06-13, 11:59 AM   #2  
Normally you just need to use an appropriate sized screwdriver or other tool, insert it in the pivot where the sash would go and turn it to the position it would be when the sash can be raised. That would probably be about 90 degrees from where it is now. Hold down on it or it can spring to the top of the track.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

WI

04-06-13, 12:24 PM   #3  
thank you, unfortunately the piece I need to insert the pin into is down below the bottom of the track. I am attaching a photo, hopefully it works. This is my first time at this website.

Attached Images

Group Moderator

NE

04-06-13, 12:44 PM   #4  
That white piece in front of it (in the bottom of the sill) will come out if you can hook something onto it (coat hanger?) and pull up. Then you will be able to do what Vic said. Insert the large flat screwdriver (and hang onto it, because it's going to want to spring up!), then turn 1/4-1/2 turn clockwise, raise it up slowly, then when you get it where you want it, turn it back 1/4-1/2 turn so that it locks in position. If there is any doubt, look at the one on the left and orient it the same way.

Search this Thread