Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Vinyl Sliding Patio Door Recommendations?

NH

04-10-13, 05:37 AM   #1  
Vinyl Sliding Patio Door Recommendations?

Live in NH.

Need to replace 8ft x 6'8" slider. Want good quality but trying to save money so thinking of going with vinyl inside and out. Andersen's doesn't come in a 6'8" height.

Was looking at Jeld Wen. Don't want Pella because of interior screen. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Super Moderator

AZ

04-10-13, 08:44 AM   #2  
Well....I guess when you ruled out Andersen, you were only looking at the 100 series? I've never seen them as they came out after I quit selling. I would recommend that you price the Narrowline 200 series though. Very good door and I believe you can get it factory finished on the interior which is almost like a liquid vinyl. Better than most paints anyway.

I like most Jeld-Wen products but again...never saw their vinyl.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Group Moderator

WI

04-10-13, 09:25 AM   #3  
I've heard good things about Jeld-Wen but never used them. In-laws used Pella in their lake home and they're ok but that interior screen on the sliding glass doors is a nightmare, I believe you've made the right choice to stay away from it.

Group Moderator

NE

04-10-13, 04:33 PM   #4  
I'd agree with Andersen Narrowline (257GD8068) which is 6' 7 1/2" x 7' 11 1/4" or Perma-Shield (PS8), which does not come in 6-8 but is available in 6' 10 3/8" x 8' 0". Changing the rough opening size is not usually that hard.

Search this Thread