Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Compare Repalcement Patio Doors

05-06-13, 02:36 PM   #1  
Compare Repalcement Patio Doors

I have 3 companies to choose from:
Brands Legance ($2200 installed)
Anderson series 200 ( 2100 installed)
Seven D 3200 $3000 installed)
Prices are similar

Quality??? help please

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

05-06-13, 02:42 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! Can you fill out your profile? We don't know where you are located. Different parts of the country could dictate a better door for your area.

Super Moderator

AZ

05-06-13, 03:50 PM   #3  
I've never even heard of the 1st and last ones...likely a regional product. Not necessarily a bad thing but can be a problem later on if warranty issues arise. I am always inclined to recommend Andersen products as those are what I've had in my own homes.

Which specific 200 series are you looking at. Are all the glass and hardware options comparable? What about energy efficiency ratings?

Btw...the OP appears to be in the Allentown PA area.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

05-06-13, 09:30 PM   #4  
Yes Allentown PA area
The glass.. hardware comparable The Andersen 200 has good ratings on Consumer Reports -- could not find the other Products

My concern is about the follow-up if problems down the line -- the one offered 5 yr guarantee however if the company is not in business for 5 yr - it is a mote point --
That's why asked if anyone was familiar with the 2 companies - Seven D and Legance -On line I only found their websites - no other references -- Thank you for your input!

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

CANADA

05-09-13, 09:28 PM   #5  
Hi Fran,

I have used this Anderson 200 and were certainly nothing special. The 400 series is the line that has been made for years with minor changes & I feel a lot of other brands have surpassed them on features & overall quality. If you are going to buy the Anderson's I stick with the 400's for the better durability.

I would think the water & windproof performance are the prime details you should concentrate on during windows installation. Get very specific with the residential window installer about the pan at the window bottom, the flashing details and the insulation around the jambs.

KY

05-14-13, 07:30 AM   #6  
If the Legance your speaking of is the one installed by Thermal Industries I can say you won't be disappointed. I have installed their patio doors for years with great results. About 10 or 12 years ago they redesigned the Legance and it is definitely a top performer . I usually install it with the Super Peak Performance glass with will raise the cost 300-400 dollars but the efficiency is amazing.

Search this Thread