Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

I need help with oddly broken sliding glass door

Old 05-16-13, 07:32 AM

Hello. My name is Katy. I live in an older mobile home. It has a sliding glass door in the kitchen.

I have looked all over for how to fix it and I have found a lot of ways these get broken but the way mine did was not among them.

It has come apart from it's seams in the track. The edges have lost their rubber gasket/caulking. And the corners have unscrewed about 2-3 inches from it's screws. All of this in the track.

This tells me I am going to need to remove this in pieces and then attempt to put this back together in the yard and then reinstall.

I have very limited experience with house diy.

My questions are: what is the safest way to do this and even should I? Is this something I should leave to professionals? And if so, which professional am i looking for?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-13, 12:14 PM
Welcome to the forums, Katy!

Is this something I should leave to professionals? And if so, which professional am i looking for?
Possibly, and a glass and window company - but let's see if we can help you figure out how to do it.

Some pictures would help us understand what you've got going on. See How To Include Pictures. Closeups are often useful, but shots that are wide enough to give the overall context can often be even more helpful.

Old 05-16-13, 02:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Any mobil home company is going to use the cheapest door there is.
Concider a whole new door.

Old 05-17-13, 04:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Mobile home doors are typically shorter in height than conventional doors so if the door is to be replaced with one from anywhere but a MH supplier it will likely require framing up a larger opening.

Pics would be nice along with clarification if this is a repair only or possible replacement.