Broken plastic window guard


Old 08-12-13, 04:55 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2
Broken plastic window guard

I have a plastic guard on all my windows that can pop up or down, which prevents someone from opening a window more than a few inches (when up). The other day, someone was visiting and didn't know about them. When they tried to open the window, they forcibly broke the guard. I don't know the brand name or where to find them—or even what they're called. If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I have attached three photos below.

Thanks very much.

Name:  2013-08-12 17.49.03 1.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  10.6 KB

Name:  2013-08-12 17.49.15 1.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  23.8 KB

Name:  2013-08-12 17.50.21 1.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  23.8 KB
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-13, 05:28 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 20,977
Wow...I may have actually found it on a first try....26-122 Vent Lock :

Thats the manufacturer can find it many places. If you have to order..AAAscreen has always been good for me.

You'll need to make some measurements to verify it will work...but the guys at AAA are very helpful I've found. Best to order a few more than you need...same shipping price to a point.

Not affiliated with AAA...just had good service. Most any good hardware store could also order them.
Old 08-13-13, 11:31 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2
Thumbs up

That has got to be it! A vent lock—no wonder I couldn't find it.

I can't thank you enough, Gunguy45. We appreciate it a lot.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes