Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

unable to identify casement window style to locate parts

unable to identify casement window style to locate parts


Old 09-23-13, 08:34 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Cleveland, OH USA
Posts: 523
unable to identify casement window style to locate parts

I know I should have pictures but problem is at Mom's house...

The folks have casement windows that are lever operated - not crank. There is a solid piece of aluminum (maybe steel) that goes through the window frame (just like a crank) except that it has a zig in the middle. Sort of like a "z" with very long top and bottom legs. One leg is the handle the other connects to the window outside. The middle piece slides through the frame and is what allows it to lever closed or open. I am sure this makes no sense unless you have seen one.

If you have seen one, can you help me find parts? Right now, I just need the pin that connects the lever at the window. It is about 1/8" round and may 2" long.

I'll get pictures if this description doesn't get me anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-13, 09:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,297
Try Goggling "casement window parts"
Not likely to find just the pin, may have to buy the whole assembly.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes