Screen clips/latch

Old 02-21-14, 04:29 PM
Screen clips/latch

I have a screened in porch that has screens set in wood frames. I need some replacement clips/latches as some have worn as screens get blown out. Some of the dimensions of the frames are not exact and so the latches need to be fairly long to accommodate gaps. I am including a picture of the current latches which I have failed miserably at locating. They are not at the big (or little) box stores. And a lengthy internet search came up empty. Anyone know where to get these or even something else that would work?
Name:  IMG_3068.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  26.2 KB
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-14, 05:29 PM
Group Moderator
Google storm window spring clips. I got a couple thousand hits. Doitbest calls them spring fasteners

A wing style of fastener would work if both surfaces were at the same level. http://static.hardwarestore.com/medi...9_front500.jpg

Old 02-22-14, 05:29 AM
This is the exact clip: Prime-Line K5265 Storm Window Panel Fasteners Snap Type - Everything You Need For Your Home & Garden
This will also work: Residential*Swinging*Screen*Door*Hardware - Storm*Door*Clips - K 5266
Don't waste time looking in local stores since this fastener was used in the 60's. Search other sources on the internet.