Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Patio door installation option

IN

03-06-14, 05:51 AM   #1  
Patio door installation option

Hey Guys, I want to replace some windows and a patio door on my brick house,
as you guys know the bricks are layed right up to the windows and covers the nailing flange making it impossible to get to with out removing the bricks a method in my opinion is out of the question. I have seen 2 vedios on a method called the Buck method using 2*4 on the side of the rough opening to provide a nailing surface for the nailing flange this also makes it easer to flash the window, you have to order a smaller window and trim out around the window.
The only vedio i have seen on a patio door is where the installer removes the old door and reinstalls a new one and chalk around the frame, he did not flash it, i dont believe chalk is a very good water proof.

So if you guys can share some of you knowledge or methods on this it would help,

note..The bricks only cover the sides and the bottom the the windows the top is cover by the soffit.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

VA

03-06-14, 05:54 AM   #2  
Got a picture?
Most I've seen are trimmed out with brick moulding with the nailing fin behind it.

Search this Thread