Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Where to find this type of weatherstripping (pics included)

Old 03-17-14, 12:36 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Am new to this forum and just want to say hello to all. This particular issue got me to signup but have a feeling i'll be on here a lot more.

I have a door that was made by National Industries, Inc back in the 80's. The door has a piece of weatherstripping on the bottom that snaps into place. Does anyone know where I might be able to find something like this?

Name:  WP_002396.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  WP_002388.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  23.4 KB

Name:  WP_002385.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  21.4 KB

Old 03-17-14, 07:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
This isn't an exact match, but it might be the closest that you will find.

You could send them some of your photos along with some measurements (compare the measurements they list) just to verify that this will work on your door. From the sounds of it, this is the "new style" that replaces your "old style".

mmm.... Old Style.

Old 03-18-14, 06:39 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
XSleeper, you are completely right, after looking all over the place, this one is the closest indeed. Thank you, thank you, thank you, hopefully this will remove a long standing problem. Really figured something like this would be available everywhere. Definitely going to order this and try it out.Thank you again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: