Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Another leaking window thread

04-30-14, 10:40 AM   #1  
Another leaking window thread

Been in the house about 2 months and this started today unfortunately. This is on the top of the window.

If I can fix it myself, great, but if I need to hire a professional..well, not so great but at least I know

https://bridgeburner5.imgur.com/window#0

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

04-30-14, 12:01 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums Felix!

A pic from further back showing the side of the house would be helpful. What is above the window?
It doesn't look like anyone caulked the window to the stucco and it should be.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

04-30-14, 02:41 PM   #3  
thank for the advice; pics will be up tomorrow since it's still storming. But we have a big problem now; we have leaks in 2 other rooms in the house unfortunately. A leak from the bathroom fan and a leak in the bedroom.

My wife and I just moved into the house two months ago so we're a bit miffed. Any advice on how to proceed here besides calling an expert.

https://bridgeburner5.imgur.com/leak#0

Thanks

NY

04-30-14, 04:07 PM   #4  
How old is the roof on this home? If you're leaking around the exhaust fan that means it's open to the outside elements. Not only that but with what the pictures show yoy may very well have wall board damage and a mold problem. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but did you have a home inspection done prior to buying?

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

05-01-14, 03:54 AM   #5  
The leaks may or may not be related, water can travel a ways before it finds an exit - it looks for the path of least resistance. As Norm said, the ceiling leaks are likely roof related Someone needs to get up there to inspect it.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread