Close limet switch for KEM window controler?

Old 05-11-14, 09:15 AM
Close limet switch for KEM window controler?

Sorry....I may have missed it here but.....where is the close limit sensor for controllers like the KEM 140.......or maybe there is none and it's just resistance?

One of my skylights with a KEM 140 controller opens fine and motor stops as it should.....but on closure does not limit off....rather she just keep clicking at that closed position until I hit the stop button on the KES 310 panel. Ideas or suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-14, 10:11 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Gregger......
I don't believe there is a stop limit. I think the control board senses the increased current draw of the motor as the notification to disconnect power.

Chlemaire......
I would try a linear power supply for the $10-20 dollars it would cost. The original supply is a switching type and has been designed to run the board. You are trying to install a power supply not designed for that application.

Old 05-11-14, 10:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I started a new thread since the other one was 8 years old. You should have better exposure that way.

Old 05-11-14, 10:55 AM
Group Moderator
Those gearboxes had problems. It sounds your may be on its way out. Treat it carefully as they are hard to find and costly.