Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

UPVC Door will not lock

Non-US

06-09-14, 12:42 AM   #1  
UPVC Door will not lock

I have a UPVC door that will not lock. The hooks and rollers that engage with the frame will not come out of the door even when it is open. So it is NOT anything to do with the alignment of the door.
Can anybody help?

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

06-09-14, 03:07 AM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! What is a UPVC door? Remember we are two countries separated only by a common language. Maybe you could post a picture or two of the door and the latching system so we could see what you are seeing. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

NY

06-09-14, 05:29 AM   #3  
A UPCV door is a entirely plastic material vs a composite material. A UPCV door should have a metal frame encapsulated within the plastic.

There are pro and cons as to the advantages of the UPCV door. Although lighter it is also a bit flimsier. A composite door is a bit bit more rugged but much heavier. A UPCV door is less likely to be at the mercy of weather expansion or contraction. But I suspect the UV light can make short work of it in an unreasonable time.

Apparently it is very common in Europe and GB.

NY

06-09-14, 05:33 AM   #4  
[h=2] UPVC Door will not lock[/h]
I have a UPVC door that will not lock. The hooks and rollers that engage with the frame will not come out of the door even when it is open. So it is NOT anything to do with the alignment of the door.
Can anybody help?

Are you sure? Send us a picture, both close up and overall. Is the lock damaged or will the lock even work without the door being engaged? What kind if lock? Have you gone to the manufacturers web site for install and adjustment instructions?

Search this Thread