Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page > Help! I'd like to treat or design my ultra TALL loft window

Help! I'd like to treat or design my ultra TALL loft window

Old 07-03-14, 03:27 PM
Help! I'd like to treat or design my ultra TALL loft window

I have been in my apartments now for going on 7 months now with a loft window that I can never seem to open.

The window height is over 14 ft with a blind wand that is 5 to 6 ft long max. The wand is not really functional in any sense. Whenever I twist the wand to open the blinds nothing happens. If I try to move the wand along the track, its moves very slowly and is plain hard to move. I feel like I got to lift weights just to try to move it and I've only ever moved it about 1 foot to the left and had the hardest time trying to get it to close. So for a month I had this long open part of my window that took me calling the apartment handyman to close it.

Oh and the apartment handyman/maintenance is just no help. Every time I ask them to come fix it they always come by when I'm at work and they either do nothing or just connect the wand to the track and leave. Thats it. My blinds never seem to open.

I've thought about attempting to fix this issue myself, but I am a woman, and I know that using tall ladders is dangerous enough for experienced men let alone little ol' me.

I'd like to do something about this, but I'm afraid most home improvement companies will charge me 2000+ for the job. I don't have that kind of money for this. Any advice on what I should do?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-14, 03:29 PM
Group Moderator
This is the landlord's problem, not yours.

Bypass the handyman and go straight to management.

Old 07-03-14, 04:29 PM
I have tried, but thank you so much for your reply.

Search this Thread