Replacement Screen For Sliding Door

Old 08-15-14, 08:00 PM
Question Replacement Screen For Sliding Door

I recently moved into an older house where one of the screen doors in front of my sliding doors is shot. I'm trying to replace it but the few window and door shops near me do not know who the manufacturer is and from what I've read about the universal models, they're not too good. I've looked all over the frame and doors themselves for some type of badge or manufacturer marking but had no luck, the only thing I could find is a "Guardian" etching on the glass. I took some pictures of the handle hoping that someone may recognize it and could tell me who makes this door. Also, Window-Rama had asked me for the interior glass dimensions when they were trying to help me before they threw the towel in, but in case that helps anyone,the glass is 27" wide x 75" high and the doors themselves are made of aluminum. Lastly, the house was built in 1992. If there is any additional info you may need to identify it please let me know and I will do my best to obtain it. Thanks.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-14, 05:24 AM
Guardian is the manufacturer of the glass only. The only way to find the manufacturer of the door is to look for a label, usually inside the top track, which is probably not there anymore. You're right, don't buy a universal door. You must find a local glass shop or window & door dealer that will make or order a custom screen door.