Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Andersen Storm Door Closure Problem

MA

08-23-14, 10:35 AM   #1  
Andersen Storm Door Closure Problem

I have an Andersen Self Storing Storm Door that does not close cleanly. The door catches the frame and bangs before closing. The interference is minimal and it wouldn't take much to make it clear but I want to make the right move the first time. It has door closers top and bottom, could that be the source of the problem?

Sponsored Links
Temporarily Suspended

NY

08-23-14, 12:20 PM   #2  
The door checks aren't the problem. They can be adjusted after the clearance is corrected. There may be some loose or missing mounting screws around the frame. Make sure all screws including the hinges are tight.

Group Moderator

NE

08-23-14, 02:34 PM   #3  
Disconnect the closers takes just a second. Operate the door without them. i also doubt they are the problem but it won't hurt to check.

It's more likely that the wood it is screwed to has shifted or swelled and the door width is now too tight. remove the face screws on the hinge and then open the door and make sure all the hinge screws are installed/tight. If the z-bars have been shimmed you might need to remove the door (hinge sude z-bar only) and remove those shims before reinstalling the door.

Search this Thread