Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pocket Door

OH

08-31-14, 07:49 AM   #1  
Pocket Door

Name:  20140831_100613.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  37.5 KBI have a pocket door off track.....how do I get it back on track and adjusted so it closes flush with wall.
Here are pictures of the track and pocket door hinge.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NE

08-31-14, 11:41 AM   #2  
You flip that plastic lever to the left so that it's completely open... i.e. not hooked around the nut. Below that nut is a piece with a flange on the bottom. The flange is supposed to slip into a slot in that dusty gold piece that's below the nut, mounted on top of the door. To get it back into place you need to lift the entire door slightly, then shove that nut to the left until it kind of clicks into place and centers itself in that slot.

It might help if you had an assistant hold the door slightly open and raise it while you are on a step stool with a thin putty knife. If you insert the putty knife sideways just below the nut and tap it with a hammer it should click right into place. If it doesn't, have your helper wiggle the door up and down a little.

Once you have it hooked, you can then adjust the nut, using a small thin offset open end wrench. (the ones that come with the hardware from Johnson Hardware work best but I'm sure you can find something that works.) Turning that nut to the right should raise the door. It looks like you need to turn it to the right a lot, because that plastic lever is supposed to fit under the nut. Once you have the door adjusted, swing that plastic lever back over the the right until it is all the way around the nut to the right as far as it will go. That's what keeps the door from coming off again.

If it gives you trouble it might be that you need to turn the nut to the right to raise it up a little before you try to click it into place. It looks like it's worked itself down and is too long.

OH

09-01-14, 09:19 AM   #3  
Thanks XSleeper,
I got the door back on track but I need to adjust it now. The door does not close flush to the door jam. I will have to look for the wrench you suggested, I don't have one like that. May have to adjust both mounts, door is open more going toward top but touches door jam a little past half way down door.

Group Moderator

NE

09-01-14, 07:28 PM   #4  
Yeah, adjusting the doors is easy if you can find a skinny wrench. Some stores will sell a set of open end wrenches that is basically a flat piece of steel.

They are kind of like these but you can find cheaper ones, I'm sure.

If you have a "Johnson Hardware" store near you, I bet you could sweet talk them into just giving you one. They are a dime a dozen there.

Search this Thread