Casement Window Manufacturer ID?

Old 11-02-14, 05:10 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Casement Window Manufacturer ID?

Ok, so I'm sure this comes up pretty regularly because it seems like the window manufacturers weren't interested in you ever knowing who they were.

I have a few casement windows with the bottom of the sashes rotting. I want to get them fixed and I have read a few places that suggest getting parts from the manufacturer or someone who sells parts but I haven't been able to figure out who actually made these windows. The frames are still in good shape so I figure it's worth trying to repair them. I have also read about having a wood shop rebuilding them but I figured getting parts might be the first thing to try if I can just figure out who made them.

The only id i can find is some letters/numbers etched between the glass.

They are LB-IASTM-E774 CLASS A ALL

Name:  IMG_0059.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  31.2 KB

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-02-14, 05:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I would venture to say either Peachtree or Andersen from the hardware. Can you post pictures of the damaged area?

Old 11-02-14, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Problem is...many manufacturers use the same hardware...Truth is a big brand. Anderson normally has something stamped in the hardware and they've etched their glass for 40 yrs. They also weren't big out west as much as Marvin and Pella. Maybe even JeldWen...which is big in the west. Pella and JW have had issues with rot.

Peachtree or Atrium is a distinct possibility...but there are so many regional manufacturers it's hard to say. I'll see what I can find on the glass markings.

Are they clad or just painted?

Old 11-02-14, 06:51 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

The hardware is truth but as mentioned it seems to be used on a lot of window brands.

The house was built in 1992 if that helps any.

The windows do have an aluminum clad.

I will have to take a pic of the areas tomorrow in the light.

FYI I replaced some seals on the sash and it matched the 58-163 seal from Swisco.com

Thanks for the help

Old 11-02-14, 08:38 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
No manufacture is going to sell you just the parts of the sash, going to need to replace the whole thing sash or the whole window.
There's just no good way to just have someone "make" a part for that style window.
Almost all the clad windows I've seen 10 plus years old have bottom sash issues.
Replaced them with vinyl, or composite, no more issues.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: