what is this door latch called?


Old 02-18-15, 12:52 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2
what is this door latch called?

I'm looking to buy this door latch to use on my pantry door (as baby proofing with minimal footprint). Someone sent me this photo as what they have that works great, but they have no idea what it's called or who makes it.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?


PaulName:  image.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  16.7 KB
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-15, 01:13 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wet side of Washington state.
Posts: 18,399
I suggest that you do an Internet search using the term baby proof door latch. Only about a gazillion hits.
Old 02-18-15, 01:25 PM
Handyone's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 5,451
Look for Hotel Security Latch
Privacy Latch
There are several different styles and all prevent a door from being opened.
Old 02-19-15, 03:54 AM
johnam's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 1,919
Old 02-19-15, 04:41 AM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,968
Looks like we have a winner! Nice design. Will work just fine until hubby comes home from work, has his keys, unlocks the door and still can't get in. BTDT. I think for the OP's use it will work just fine.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes