Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

leaded glass pane popped loose

TX

03-25-15, 05:08 PM   #1  
leaded glass pane popped loose

I just discovered a pane in our leaded glass front door that is partially out. Nothing looks broken or cracked or damaged at all other than the glazing. I guess someone bumped into it and just pushed it out a bit on the top and one of the sides. The other two edges are still where they belong. Is this just a matter of wiggling the glass out (with the help of a utility knife), cleaning the glazing out with a knife and re-glazing it into place?

Sponsored Links

NY

03-26-15, 04:53 AM   #2  
This may have some helpful hints on doing your repair: http://www.glasscampus.com/tutorials...s%20Repair.pdf

If the lead didn't bend, then carefully lifting the lead came slightly to clean out the glazing compound and resetting the glass should do it.

TX

03-26-15, 07:39 AM   #3  
Thank you. That seemed to confirm what I thought. And I especially liked the section on epoxy.
Most of my search efforts yielded the wrong type of information, but this is a good, simple resource that breaks it down the way I needed it to.

Search this Thread