Identify window brand

Old 04-10-15, 05:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Identify window brand

I've got two jobs coming up which, oddly, have the exact windows to be replaced. I will be using new install, nailing fin type. I cannot identify them, and the large window company that referred me to the job can't either. Since one job will entail adding a window adjacent to another, I have to match the window profile, not just install a good vinyl SH window. If any of you have an idea, I sure would appreciate it.

Name:  window profile.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  19.2 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-15, 05:55 PM
Usually the manufacturers name is either etched in the bottom corner of the glass or there is a small transparent sticker there with the window information. Beyond that, going around to all the local window suppliers and seeing if anyone recognizes the trim profile is probably your best bet.

Old 04-10-15, 05:58 PM
Yeah, no glass ID, nor sticker. I've been online looking at different mfgrs, but no luck. I do have a salvage place that may have some and can identify them. Thanks, Keith.

Old 04-10-15, 05:59 PM
Group Moderator
The last window that I installed that looked like that (with the sharp angles) was made by Certainteed. Are there any markings on the spacer bar between the panes? Or maybe a snap-in stop on the top of the frame that you could remove to find the gold NFRC sticker? They often hide them underneath.

Old 04-10-15, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator
A pic of the locks and any other hardware might help as well.

Old 04-10-15, 09:15 PM
Group Moderator
That picture of the window... is it a single hung slider? (horizontal sliding) The lack of weep holes in the frame has me baffled.

Old 04-11-15, 05:29 AM
On one job both single hung and fixed. On another, just fixed (the one without weeps) I find the absence of weeps odd, too, Brant. Luckily it is under a large porch/entertainment area, so no water. I do note weeps on the one, however. Vic, I stupidly didn't get pictures of the locks, nor of anything else, thinking Jeld Wen rep would have done their job for ordering. My pix were mainly for my installation purposes. I just can't do a different design window on the first one. I'll have to go back over and do some more research on the window with only the corner shot.

Name:  window profile 2.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  window profile 3.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  31.6 KB

Old 04-11-15, 07:25 PM
Brant, I believe we have a winner, here! Certainteed, MI, bryn Mawr III nailing fin, no j channel.

I'll have my supplier see if she can get it. Thanks for all the help.

Old 04-12-15, 05:55 AM
Group Moderator
Yeah, that looks like a really close match. Its unfortunate that they don't have brochures or web pages that allow you to zoom in on the entire window (both inside and out). But the Bryn Mawr III brochure does have one pic that looks very similar. Hopefully you found it!

Removing the snap in stop and finding that sticker on top would probably confirm it. As I recall, that's where they hide them.

Old 04-12-15, 07:52 AM
I'Ll look for the sticker when I go back over there.