Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Supplier for glass door insert

NC

04-23-15, 01:30 PM   #1  
Supplier for glass door insert

I'm trying to find a supplier for a full view glass insert to go in an interior door. It only needs to be single pane (tempered of course) and it's going to go in a hollow core door. Anyone ever come across something like that. I've been looking online without any success yet. Roger

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

VA

04-23-15, 02:06 PM   #2  
Talk to any lumber yard that also sells doors and windows. See if they can order you a french door glass insert only. It usually is a two piece unit that sandwiches the door in between. Measure the thickness of your door as well. As a side note, double check that your hollow core door will be strong enough with most of the guts removed. Never done that so want to make sure it is advised or not. The people that order the glass should be able to give you further info.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

04-23-15, 02:30 PM   #3  
double check that your hollow core door will be strong enough with most of the guts removed.
I'd bet that the hollow core door would need to be beefed up in order to support the glass insert!

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

CAL

04-23-15, 05:59 PM   #4  
Hi, Search Door Lite.
Woodbutcher

Super Moderator

AZ

04-23-15, 08:12 PM   #5  
Interior doors are normally 1 3/8" thick. Most ext doors are 1 3/4" thick. Make sure anyone you talk to realizes what you are trying to do. Even then I'd lay odds whatever they get won't work with a hollow core door

You would be better off just replacing the entire door with whatever you want. You can get caned, reeded, frosted, whatever, but it will be a solid core or solid wood.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Search this Thread