Replacing handle for louver crank out window

Old 05-10-15, 03:20 AM
Replacing handle for louver crank out window

I attached two photos for reference.

This is a bathroom window. About 20" wide by about 16" high. Two glass panes. Previous home owner left this for me to tackle. Have been unable to find a specific replacement handle for this on the web. I see that the handle is short from the edge of the window sill so the replacement would have to be off-center or the stem must be longer than the sill to accomodate the knob.

The one part says "Philips 3000R" but I have not been able to find something on the net. Is there a universal replacement kit that I can buy to fix this. Also you will see that the end of the stem is short and I can not grab it with a long nose plier to open the windows so that I can get to the one screw (if i need to replace the entire unit).

A little guidance would be nice and appreciated so much.
Thanks in advance.

Name:  20150510_054315.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  24.2 KB
Name:  20150510_054346.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  22.2 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-15, 05:44 AM
If that was mine I'd be looking into a whole new double pane, double hung window.
Those metal frames transfure the heat and cold to the inside, that style window leaks air like crazy and the single pane windows will form condinsation every time someone takes a shower.
Any moble home part supplyers near you? They should have the needed extention and handle.

Old 05-10-15, 06:03 AM
Group Moderator
It might help if you searched for the correct term. They are called "jalousie windows".

Old 05-11-15, 02:00 AM
joecaption: Thanks for your information on this type of window. Appreciated. At this point with all the things I need to do around the house I just want to be able to crank the window open and close as needed. Replacing it down the line is a thought of mine but just having it work now would be nice.

XSleeper: Thanks for letting me know the name of the type of window this is. Maybe now I may be able to find something online for it.

Much appreciated!!

Old 05-11-15, 05:41 AM
The window is an Awning Window. Check Swisco.com for possible parts.

Old 05-11-15, 11:24 AM
Thanks Johnam will look there.

Old 05-11-15, 06:36 PM
Window Hardware | Mobile Home Parts Store
Here's the extention and the handles.

Old 05-12-15, 01:27 AM
Thanks so very much. I will order it tomorrow. Now I will be able to open the darn window in the bathroom. Yippy!!
And thanks to everyone else for your assistance also.

Old 05-12-15, 04:41 AM
Group Moderator
You would be wise to talk to their service department before ordering anything. They will want to know exactly what kind of end is on your window. Size of thread, etc.

Old 05-12-15, 12:28 PM
XSleeper
I just tried that. I sent

Window Hardware | Mobile Home Parts Store

an email asking for information and supplying the pictures requesting the part numbers I need to order. The gal in customer service said they have no way of cross referencing the type of window to the hardware needed. She suggested I viewed the site and selected one; "A Guess" I presume.

Old 05-12-15, 04:27 PM
Group Moderator
Try the swissco site that johnam recommended. Or try allaboutdoors dot com.

Either of them will have much more helpful people, provided you can provide them with the information they need. You can send them a link to this thread if it helps.

Old 05-14-15, 01:57 PM
Thank you everyone for your help with this.

XSleeper:
Allaboutdoors has an online form I filled out giving them the photos and dimensions of the screw hole placements and extension needed etc. Hopefully I will get a response soon. Thanks again for the website info. Very much appreciated.

Search this Thread