Velux skylight stop limit on close

Old 07-03-15, 10:15 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Velux skylight stop limit on close

I have an old Velux (1998) which is now controlled by a WLC 100 (5204) unit which is the newer replacement. The issue I have since installation is the skylight and blind operate perfectly except for the close limit on the skylight. It just runs unless/until one hits the stop button on the wired keypad. I don't want to lose gears from excessive ratcheting - any suggestions?

Old 07-03-15, 10:24 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm pretty sure there isn't an end stop switch. It should rely on the current draw increasing when the motor stalls at the end of the travel.

Does it operate correctly when opening ?

Old 07-03-15, 10:48 AM
Group Moderator
Refer to the following thread for a little more information.... particularly the part about the resistor in the motor unit.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/do...r-working.html

Old 07-03-15, 11:02 AM
R
everything works correctly except on full close, the other thread I have reviewed but this issue is more like a lack of resistance so cutting out a resistor shouldn't be the issue, it started when I installed the updated controller a WLC 100.

Old 07-03-15, 02:35 PM
Group Moderator
The resistor is not in series.... it's in parallel.

Old 07-05-15, 10:48 AM
R
yes, thats correct but less resistance would not be the problem and as there is no limiting stop micro switch (just motor resistance) reducing such by cutting the blue wire would not solve the issue I would think. I tend to think it is in the updated control device (WLC 100). FYI- I disconnect the PS and followed your instructions in the other thread, all made no difference. Am I missing something?

Old 09-16-15, 11:07 PM
A
velux motor doesn't stop

the window operator motor does not stop when the window becomes completely open. it continues to run and tries to close the window. since it cannot close the window completely, it stalls and gets stuck.??? is there some kind of "stop" that is failing? i can remove the electric motor, use a socket wrench and back the window open and continue until it closes....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: