Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Broken Pella Window Pane

PA

11-02-15, 03:32 PM   #1  
Broken Pella Window Pane

I have a large living room Pella window (2000 model) in my home that the center portion of the outside glass is broke. It is a double paned glass window. I have a Pella tech coming out for an estimate on that as well as a rotted sash (class action suit from long ago on this repair) but wanted to ask if the price he gives is too over the top, who else could I call to replace the glass in this window?

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  47.0 KB

Sponsored Links
Temporarily Suspended

NY

11-02-15, 03:58 PM   #2  
I would look for a local guy. I once had someone who was really reasonable but I guess that he retired. It's a lot cheaper, if you can bring the frame to them instead of them going to you.

Group Moderator

NE

11-02-15, 05:10 PM   #3  
The glass in a Pella sash should come directly from Pella. Anyone can order it, but ultimately they will have to deal with Pella or Lowe's or another similar dealer. They are super easy to remove and replace when you get the entire sash. That model window likely has Phillips or t-25 torx screws in the jambs that hold the sash keepers in place. Simply unscrew them and the sash will tip out on top. One screw keeps it from falling out. If you want to do it on the cheap, go to Lowes... but you would need an accurate measurement of the overall window size (center unit only). You will also need to know the cladding color, and interior finish, if any. I believe you can only get a prefinished unit from Pella directly. There should be a sticker in the bottom right corner with a code that will help i.d. it.

Search this Thread