Slider jumps out from the track

Old 10-18-16, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Slider jumps out from the track

I have my laundry room and at the of the door has 4 bi-folder wheels. The holes are too large now so the slider jumps out from the track now. Do I use glue or something else. What do you suggest?

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-16, 05:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 194 Votes on 180 Posts
First you will want to completely remove the door. Then you will be able to work on the top of it. Its quite likely that the holes have gotten elongated from use. If so you will want to remove the hardware, drill the hole out larger to a standard size that will fit a standard dowel size (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, etc), then glue in a short piece of dowel with some wood glue into that tight fitting hole. It should be so tight that you have to hammer the dowel in. Once the glue dries, you can then cut the dowel off flush, sand it flat, redrill a properly sized hole for your hardware and reinstall it.

If your hardware is the type that is held with two nails, you may also need to drill out the nail holes and put a tiny dowel in them... they get elongated and loose too.

Old 10-18-16, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE][First you will want to completely remove the door. Then you will be able to work on the top of it. Its quite likely that the holes have gotten elongated from use. If so you will want to remove the hardware, drill the hole out larger to a standard size that will fit a standard dowel size (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, etc), then glue in a short piece of dowel with some wood glue into that tight fitting hole. It should be so tight that you have to hammer the dowel in. Once the glue dries, you can then cut the dowel off flush, sand it flat, redrill a properly sized hole for your hardware and reinstall it.

If your hardware is the type that is held with two nails, you may also need to drill out the nail holes and put a tiny dowel in them... they get elongated and loose too. /QUOTE]

What does dowel size (3/8, 7/16, 1/2 mean :-}

Old 10-18-16, 07:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Dowels come in different diameters. Choose the one just larger than the hole you want to fill in. Drill a hole the size of the dowel, glue it in and cut it off after it dries. I have found that 1/4" will suffice as long as the hole hasn't elongated too much.

Old 10-19-16, 05:21 AM
Received 25 Votes on 21 Posts
Looks to me like the main reason it's failing is the door is set two low, there's an adjustment screw to raise it at the bottom of the door.
Raise the door, use some broken off toothpicks as shims for the loose parts at the top.

Old 10-27-16, 11:42 PM
just wind the bottom pivot out so it raises the door. refit the top pin and wind it longer too before pressing it down when locating in the nylon slider.