Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page > Velux skylight controller WLC 100 circuit board

Velux skylight controller WLC 100 circuit board

Old 12-16-16, 06:59 PM

Could anyone help me? One of the small resistors on the WLC 100 circuit board burned out, but the fuse was o.k.? I can not find anyone that has a wire schematic for it, or anyone who could fix it. The resistor that burned out, has 4 white bands on it. I have some pictures, but I don't know how to send them yet. This is the first time. Thank you in advance, old horse

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-16, 05:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums!

Post your pictures like this: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

The resistor burned for a reason, and it may not benefit to replace just that one. Replacing the entire board may bring it back to life. That is what Velux is banking on and why you can't find the values from them. I went through the same thing with Maytag once.

Old 12-18-16, 07:52 PM

Chandler, thank you for the information. You would think the fuse would blow out instead of the resistor? From what I've read, Velux doe's not have a replacement part.

Attached Images      
Old 12-19-16, 03:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The window must have been in a bind, and yes fuses are meant to burn before resistors, but it doesn't always protect properly, and the time frame of the load can be in milliseconds. Here's a resistor chart. You may find a replacement at radio shack or elsewhere. Let us know if the replacement works. http://www.digikey.com/-/media/Image...4-8d78dacd29ff

Old 12-22-16, 12:34 PM
Thank you for the info, radio shack and another electronics store both said they could not tell the colors on the resistor and that some of the other parts look questionable also, best to buy a replacement if possible. Again, thanks, old horse

Search this Thread