arched window

Old 04-26-01, 02:04 PM
Visiting Guest
The home we recently purchased has an arched window in the upstairs bedroom. The outside wood on the window that holds the panes in place is rotting. What's the best method for replacing this, and what should we do to prevent this from happening in the future? Should we consider vinyl? Is that even an option?
Thanks!

Old 05-04-01, 12:37 AM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
It may be that replacing the window with a vinyl one is your best option. Being an upstairs window, it is probably difficult to get to, which is why the wood was left to deteriorate in the first place.

Old 05-05-01, 08:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Lefty:

Does rot mean the same thing as deteriorate? LOL

Old 05-07-01, 04:15 PM
L
They are one in the same, UNLESS OF COURSE, JACK SAYS OTHERWISE!!

Old 05-08-01, 08:23 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

La Tee Dah, More than a Carpenter

rot, deteriorate, degenerate, disimprove, disintegrate, decay, decompose, debilitate, crumble
Yeah it all means the same thing. And if your character was truly upright, you wouldn't be "pokin fun" at the way other people speak!

Thanks for your response, Lefty. Do you happen to have any knowledge of roughly how much the window would cost in vinyl? Two columns of panes, (8 panes total) 2.5 ft. wide by 4 feet tall. Could the existing glass be used to construct the window?

Much obliged for your hep!

[Edited by chiggy on 05-08-01 at 10:31]

Old 05-08-01, 11:09 PM
L
Chiggy, you will have to shop for the window to get a price. But look at many before you choose one. Compare warranties and the festation ratings, as well as the price.

P.S. Take it easy on MTAC. He and I have been in this forum for a long time, and I'll be the first to tell you he WASN'T "pokin fun" at the way I speak. It's just that he has this warped sense of humor -- actually a lot like mine (now THAT'S a scary thought!!) LOL!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: