Making tighter fits around doors

Old 06-29-17, 08:02 AM
Question Making tighter fits around doors

I want to make a tighter seal around the man doors. In one case, I need one of those metal strips you nail to the floor directly under where the door closes. This is a sliding door. I took the measurements and it needs a strip1/8th inch thick by 35 inches long, by 1 and 3/4 inches wide. The first two measurements are the key ones. What are these strips called and where/how do I get one to fit my measurements?

I also need a piece of what I guess you would call wood trim. It needs to be 79 and 3/4 inches long by 1.5 inches wide by 3/8th inches thick. The one I have is rounded on one side/edge up the length of it. I know the existing one, which is too close to the door now will break when I pull the nails. What exactly is this called and where should I get it?

I also need a thin strip of wood to put under an existing metal strip under a door to raise it up. The strip needs to be about 1/8th inch thick by 1 and 3/4 inches wide by 36 inches long.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-17, 08:46 AM
Yeah, if someone can just tell me what the proper names for these parts I need are that should do it, thank you. I still have not purchased the items I need as I am waiting on your reply.