Making tighter fits around doors


Old 06-29-17, 08:02 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 175
Question Making tighter fits around doors

I want to make a tighter seal around the man doors. In one case, I need one of those metal strips you nail to the floor directly under where the door closes. This is a sliding door. I took the measurements and it needs a strip1/8th inch thick by 35 inches long, by 1 and 3/4 inches wide. The first two measurements are the key ones. What are these strips called and where/how do I get one to fit my measurements?

I also need a piece of what I guess you would call wood trim. It needs to be 79 and 3/4 inches long by 1.5 inches wide by 3/8th inches thick. The one I have is rounded on one side/edge up the length of it. I know the existing one, which is too close to the door now will break when I pull the nails. What exactly is this called and where should I get it?

I also need a thin strip of wood to put under an existing metal strip under a door to raise it up. The strip needs to be about 1/8th inch thick by 1 and 3/4 inches wide by 36 inches long.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-17, 08:46 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 175
Yeah, if someone can just tell me what the proper names for these parts I need are that should do it, thank you. I still have not purchased the items I need as I am waiting on your reply.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes