Leaking slider

Old 09-02-17, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaking slider

Hello All,
Just wondering if someone can explain the attached image? I have never seen weep holes on the top inside of a slider before, but there are firsts for everything . Is this door installed upside down? Friends wife has complained about their slider leaking into their basememt through the bottom threashold. Back story, Slider installed new in 98, has had minor infiltration issues since they bought the home in 2011, had a "door guy" out once before to recaulk the threshold connection. Door is installed directly on the slab with no sill other than the factory threshold. The door sits in a stairwell with a drain that goes to the sump pit and that situation was verified to work well. If there are no weep holes on the bottom where would the water go that accumulates from rain that hits the glass and winds up in the track.

Any help wouId be greatly appreciated. Thanks
​​​​​

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-17, 09:35 AM
Group Moderator
Received 189 Votes on 178 Posts
Its not clear from your pictures or post if there are any weep holes on the bottom or not.

Old 09-02-17, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for looking, i will try to get better pics but this is not my place. There are no weep holes on the bottom, just the internal track and the threshold. Have you ever seen weep holes on the top like this? I never have.

Old 09-02-17, 10:15 AM
Group Moderator
Received 189 Votes on 178 Posts
Many companies make single hung doors and windows with weep holes on both the top and bottom so that the door is reversible.

I can't imagine that the door would even slide if it is not reversible (if there are no weep holes on the bottom and it was installed upside down.)

I you don't see the interior weep hole it does not mean there isn't one... it could be hidden underneath the track that the door rides on. Look outside for the weep holes. I'm guessing they are on both the top and bottom.