Center-hinged patio door replacement

Old 09-12-17, 04:01 PM
Center-hinged patio door replacement

Lord, help me... we recently purchased a new home that has a center-hinged patio door leading out to the back porch. The wood jams are rotten as can be and we'd like to replace it with an outswing French door. The problem is we cannot seem to find a direct replacement. The unit size of the door in question is 75" to the outside of the door frame and 81-3/4" tall. We have a 76" rough opening. Can anyone suggest a replacement? Here is a link to the exact door we have: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milliken-Millwork-75-in-x-81-75-in-Classic-Clear-Low-E-Glass-Majestic-Steel-Right-Hand-Inswing-Full-Lite-Exterior-Patio-Door-Z001630R/206205159

TIA!

Justin

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-17, 04:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I find working with a building supply store (not a box store) much easier with regard to special order doors. They have connections that would allow you to basically make any size door you want. Box stores are limited in the customization they offer. Remove the inner casing and take exact measurements of the rough opening. Give them to the building supply store (or lumber yard) and they will get you what you need.

Old 09-12-17, 05:31 PM
Group Moderator
I think you will find that any double outswinging french door will work best in that size opening. I have found that center hinged doors are nothing but problems.