What type of window is this called?


Old 10-31-17, 06:07 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 212
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What type of window is this called?

My sister in law is planning on having her home wrapped and siding replaced. I was curious what to do about these windows (below) .

I think it was common back in the 60' and 70's, the window is shorter than the window opening. The opening below is left open or sided. I doubt covering it with siding would make these open areas look nice. I was looking for alternatives for her.

What style window is this called?
Attached Images  

Last edited by ray2047; 10-31-17 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Add improved image.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-17, 06:12 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 23,129
Received 194 Votes on 180 Posts
The style of window is a double hung. There is no name for the decorative siding below it. Cover it with siding.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: