Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Between glass blinds tilt operator magnets not working

Old 04-02-18, 06:46 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Okay, as the title says, I'm have issuses with the tilt operator for the blinds on my between glass sliding door. The raise and lower operator is functioning properly. But the operator for tilting my blinds isn't. I looked for videos on fixing the issue, but nothing covered it. What is happening is, the blinds will only tilt from halfway, to angled so you can see out at a downward angle. When I try to slide the operator beyond halfway, it feels like the magnets are pushing away from the door, as if the polarity were reversed, and you can feel a pop as the magnets disengage from each other. I have tried sliding it up and down, even removed the operator from the track. Still can't figure this out.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-18, 07:29 AM
Group Moderator
Received 675 Votes on 624 Posts
Historically those sort of blinds (sealed between the glass) are unreliable, problematic, and impossible to repair. If the problem is internal, the only way to repair is to get a new igu (insulating glass unit) from the mfg.

Old 02-21-19, 08:12 PM
W
Tilt operator magnet issue

i am having the exact problem and have been searching all over the internet for a solution. Were you ever able to fix it? Ugh!

Old 02-21-19, 09:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,116 Votes on 1,036 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

There really isn't a solution as the blinds are sealed within the glass panels.
There's no way to open the glass up to make a repair. The glass section gets replaced.

Old 02-22-19, 04:54 AM
H
Received 95 Votes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Okayummm
When I try to slide the operator beyond halfway, it feels like the magnets are pushing away from the door, as if the polarity were reversed, and you can feel a pop as the magnets disengage from each other.
I have tried sliding it up and down, even removed the operator from the track.
About the only thing you CAN try is getting a much stronger rare-earth magnet, see if that allows you to move the blinds along the entire track.

Then see if you can replace the magnet in the slider with a same-sized-but-more-powerful magnet.

Old 03-18-20, 09:57 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Old 03-18-20, 10:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 675 Votes on 624 Posts
The only way to repair is to get a new igu (insulating glass unit) from the mfg.