Please help identify these windows

Old 06-24-18, 06:29 AM
Please help identify these windows

Hi community, just joined.

I have bought a house with these windows, one of the retractable screen latches needs to be replaced but I can't identify a brand. Most have a hand-written number on a piece of masking tape with a number 65073-##-(size of window) on the frame of the retractable screen. The ## varies and (size of window) is in inches.

Thanks,
Brandon

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-18, 06:59 AM
Group Moderator
Well, that's not too hard since the name is printed right on the window.

Integral Seal Inc, Concord, Ontario. Contact ISM - Integral Seal Manufacturing Inc.

Old 06-24-18, 07:05 AM
As far as I can tell ISM makes the sealed glass unit but not the window frame.

Old 06-24-18, 07:12 AM
Group Moderator
Oh, that's just the aluminum spacer? Looked like vinyl on my phone. So is the latch that you need to replace like the one in your second and fourth photos?

Old 06-24-18, 07:22 AM
Yes, that's the latch I need to replace. The screens are integrated into the window frame.

Old 06-09-19, 05:16 PM
Brandon, did you ever find the manufacturer or source for these replacement latches? I have the same windows with the Integral Seal Mfg Concord text and a broken latch that needs replacement for the built in retractable window screens. Thanks!

Nate

Old 06-09-19, 05:23 PM
No, I still haven't. We've had a couple contractors in for other projects and none recognize them.

Old 06-09-19, 05:25 PM
Send your pictures to SWISCO.COM. Maybe they can identify it for you.
Go on their web site and search Window Locks.

Old 06-09-19, 06:33 PM
Pretty impressed with this one....one year old thread to a member with 4 posts. Resurrected and answered within 7 minutes. Hat tip to you Brandon........love these forums.....

Old 06-09-19, 06:35 PM
Group Moderator
Looks non existent... I've looked everywhere.

Old 06-09-19, 06:42 PM
one year old thread to a member with 4 posts. Resurrected and answered within 7 minutes. Hat tip to you Brandon........love these forums.....
Damn, I've got to look at the dates on these things!

Old 06-10-19, 01:40 AM
Thanks

Dang, appreciate the replies, at least, so thanks!

Old 06-14-19, 02:29 PM
Brandon (and anyone else with a similar issue):

I managed to find some leads on this. It appears that these windows with retractable screens are made by Magic (Magic & Irwin?) Windows, a company which has relocated to Canada. I called them two days in a row (The customer care line for Magic & Irwin is: (XXX) XXX-XXXX.) and each time after explaining to the agent that I needed to order some replacement latch hardware, they transferred me to "Service" which resulted in me leaving a voicemail and not receiving a call back.

On the third day, I explained to the agent that answered that I'd left voicemails daily with "Service" and wondered if there was a live person I could talk to about ordering replacement hardware. Finally they transferred me to someone who noted that because I was in California, I should call "Jose", their California representative, XXX-XXX-XXXX (I think I also found their Yelp: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I left a voicemail for him and within about 15 minutes called back and was VERY HELPFUL. He asked me to text a photo of the broken latch, and offered to drop a replacement in the mail for me TODAY, and include an extra latch or two just in case other latches get broken when I asked (seems like it's a plastic failure point)! It appears that there may not even be any charge, despite my windows being nearly 15 years old at this time, as he didn't ask for any payment.

Good luck if you go the same route!

-Nate

Norm201 liked this post.

Last edited by XSleeper; 06-30-19 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-14-19, 02:33 PM
Great detective work. Let us know if everything works out.

Old 06-29-19, 10:20 PM
Sorry, forgot to come back and post. The new latch (and 3 extras) arrived in the mail about 2 days later, and I had it replaced in about 3 minutes! Works perfectly now. If only I could get customer service like Jose’s service for everything else...

Norm201 liked this post.