How to take off the pulley of slide door?

Old 11-13-18, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to take off the pulley of slide door?

Hi,

I meet a problem when I am trying to take off my mirror slide door. Basically, I was trying to use screwer to take off pulley first and then the slide door. However, it does not work. Anybody know the structure of those pulley? One on the top and one at the bottom. Thank you.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-18, 04:13 AM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Turn the bottom roller screw that's circled in red so that door drops a bit and then lift the door until the roller clears the bottom track and pull forward. The top looks like a spring loaded guide

Old 11-14-18, 04:25 AM
Received 28 Votes on 24 Posts
Difficult to see the clearances between door and upper track so don't know if door and its upper hanger are removed together or removed separately. My guess is the threaded rod in lower door hanger (containing the pulley) is turned to lift the door until the top hanger can be removed from its track. Then turn the threaded rod in the opposite direction until the lower pulley is out of the lower track. Door should be removable. There are two top and lower door hangers so address both top or bottom simultaneously to keep the door plumb while working.

Old 11-14-18, 06:37 AM
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
You should be able to lift the door up to clear the bottom rollers from the track. The spring loaded upper rollers will compress to allow the door to be lifted upward while pulling the lower part of the door outward away from the track. There should be no need to unscrew the lower adjustment rods.