drafty egress window w/ rubber seal

Old 12-15-18, 01:22 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: usa
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
drafty egress window w/ rubber seal

I have crank egress windows, which are rather drafty, that have a rubber seal that goes around the entire window. The rubber seal has a groove in. The window seams to have a protruding rim which fits into the groove of the rubber seal to keep the rubber seal in place. (see attached photos). Anyone know what this type of rubber seal is called as I'm trying to find a replacement seal that fits as parts of the seal are warn away. I tried putting foam weather stripping around the window but the window then does not close properly because the inner portion of the window (closest to the hinges) comes into contact with the foam before the outer portion of the window (closet to the locks) and therefore the locks can't then catch the window to lock it in place. So I thought replacing the rubber seal would be the solution -- but I haven't been able to find this type of rubber seal with the correct groove in it. Does anyone know the name of the type of seal I'm looking for? (photos attached)

Attached Images     

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: